At Sources, we believe that the workforce is a vital resource that contributes to social wellness for our community. We also know that the skill of our workforce is the foundation of a healthy and vibrant economy in our community and beyond
JUNE 30, 2015 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 15-47
POSITION: Residential Care Worker – Casual Status
CURRENT LOCATION: Stayte House – White Rock South Surrey
CURRENT HOURS: On-call (must be available to work overnights 11p.m to 8a.m.) Additional shifts: Mon-Fri 2-11 and Sat-Sun 9am-4pm/4pm-11pm
To provide care and advocacy for four adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting. Assist with personal care and hygiene, meal prep, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, medical appointments as well as behavioural and emotional support.
• Minimum 3 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities
• Grade 12 Diploma & 2 year’s post-secondary education, preferably in behaviour sciences, social work, child and youth care, or community social service or equivalent
• All employment requirements (which includes , criminal record check, class 4 unrestricted B.C. driver’s license, TB test, medical clearance, immunization form, proof of SIN card, Sources first aid/CPR/NCI training courses) must be valid and current
• Able to be creative, seek out and participate in a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities, including hiking, swimming, skating, bowling, etc.
• Be fun, positive and stimulating
• Able to foster social skills and friendships
• Be a role model – demonstrate mature, responsible behaviour
• Ability to transport (using program vehicles) clients in the community
• Ability to follow a simple budget, adhere to spending limits, report expenses, and return receipts
• Must possess strong communication skills and be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with management, caregivers, parents, and others
• Demonstrated cooperation and communication skills as part of a team with co-workers and management
• Ability to use a word processor (Word for Windows) to produce objective written data and reports
• Ability to participate in tasks, including routing maintenance related to running a residential facility
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY: $16.33 per hour
CLOSING DATE: July 7, 2015
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION, AND RESUME TO:
KATE O’HARE, PROGRAM MANAGER
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 604-531-2316
INTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED BY JULY 9 2015
JUNE 23, 2015 | INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 15-46
POSITION: Program Manager – Permanent Full-Time
CURRENT LOCATION: Family Connections Centre - Surrey
CURRENT HOURS: 35 hours per week
Would you like to lead a dynamic program that offers services to families who require support in order to have their teens live with them? The Family Connections Centre (FCC) is a family reunification/preservation program funded by MCFD and operated by Sources Community Resources Society. It is a 5 bed residential resource for youth at risk of being placed outside of their family, or working toward return. Youth are engaged in a therapeutic milieu during the week, and the family is engaged at a parenting and therapeutic level. Youth go back to their homes on the weekend.
The manager of FCC is responsible for the day to day administration and supervision of the program. Administration duties include the development and implementation of case management plans for each client, staff supervision, staff development plans and program financial management. The manager guides the team to create plans of service, and supports the therapeutic plan for each family. Liaising with MCFD staff required. The manager is able to do non-clinical family sessions with youth and their families as appropriate. This position supervises Child and Youth Care Counsellors, and the Family Therapist. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of program standards, policies and procedures and adherence to Community Care Facilities Licensing regulations. Regular work hours are Monday to Friday, required to carry a phone (provided).
The Program Manager of FCC reports to the Director of Child, Family and Counselling Services.
• A minimum undergraduate degree in social sciences, MA level preferred.
• A minimum of five years child and youth care and delivering direct service to youth and their families
• 3 years as a program manager.
• Residential experience preferred.
• Experience in program administration, evaluation, and program development experience.
• First aid and CPR training is current and equivalent to Worksafe/licensing requirements
• Experience hiring, orienting, coaching, correction, and discipline of staff.
• Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team in effective service and case planning and management,
• Working clinical knowledge family systems, youth cognitive and physical development, mental health diagnoses substance use and other normative issues facing youth and their families.
• Knowledge trauma informed practiced an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Experience adapting program based on culture is also required.
• Experience operating a Ministry of Health licensed facility, and/or residential facility,
• Ability to liaise effectively with MCFD staff and other professionals
• Sound working knowledge of current Child and Youth Care practices
• Working knowledge of Labour Relations Act.
• Knowledge of Accreditation standards and processes.
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $28.00 - $33.00 per hour dependent on experience
BENEFITS: As per benefits package
CLOSING DATE: July 3, 2015
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: